Monday, July 7, 2008

Dallas' BDay party




I'm so not the party planner type. Dallas' 5th BDay party was yesterday and it was just a good old fasioned cake and ice cream deal. My sister Kari and I made the chocolate cakes the night before so we wouldn't be rushed the day of, great idea sister! That's about the extent of the planning...everyone showed up that said they would (holy crap) and I thought I had enough paper plates and plastic forks (soo0 not Green of me) and I made some pink lemonade. And ewww...that does NOT go well with chocolate. Anyways, we just barely squeeked by with enough forks, I think a mom or two had to share forks with their kiddos! Dallas blew out the candles before we even got to sing Happy Birthday! Present time was exciting as he thanked everyone for their gifts and cards and I'm very happy to say that the game Trouble got a bigger response than the Wii did! Who'd a thunk?
Anyways, it was quick, fun and an easy clean up. That's my kinda party! Dallas had a good time with his friends and tells me that he knows everyone had a good time cause "everyone likes cake and ice cream, Yaya!"

No comments: