Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's a Girl..

I have some very AWESOME news! Only a very small handful of people know this...and I feel now is as good a time as any to share...

Our family has grown!! Miranda is living with us now! She is one of Chesney's best friends and we could not be happier to have her be a part of our lil family! I won't go into details on here but if anyone wants to know a bit more, give me a call. I will let you all know this, she is safe, happy and very much loved here with us. She has been with us since June 26 and is getting quite comfy! The room that used to be the basement "living room/Ches' hangout" is now Miranda's room. My parent's gave us the bed they had in their spare bedroom, Sheila's mom had an extra dressser for her to use and we've been busy making curtains and putting in carpet and making it, well, her OWN. Her fave colors are green, black and white and her fave new thing in her room would probably be the bed sheets! They are bright green with little white alligators all over!

Miranda's such a sweetheart, so quiet and soft spoken. She expresses her feelings and thoughts thru writing and I encourage her to do that as often as she needs to. There have been a couple of late night tears that have flowed and we have hugged and cried and laughed thru it together. Chesney is VERY protective of Miranda and I love seeing how nurturing of a person she is. Can't say I'm surprised, Ches is fierce when it comes to her friends and family. Dallas is outnumbered now but I think he's loving it! Just one more person to play cars with!!

So...I'm sure I could just go on and on but rest assured, I'll keep you all updated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, haven't been reading your blog long enough to really have any idea what's going on here (still don't have the characters in your life straightened out), but it sure sounds wonderful! Of course, I'd love to have the whole version on email, but I am sure you are not made of time as I am also not:)

Anywhoo, popped over to say congrats on moving up the natural ladder with eating since you were raised on white bread. The bit of advice I'd give you about getting jazzed up about feeding your family better would be to check out the closest natural food grocery store to yourself. Go in and just look up and down the aisles. You will find some awesome, interesting, different stuff. Buy a few things that look good and try them out. Be sure to email me if you need help knowing what is what or how to cook whatever. Have fun and keep learning!!

Laura said...

You are so SWEET! Miranda is so lucky to have ya'll as family! I can't wait to come see what you did with her new room! I just love that little area downstairs :)

Barrett's been sick, but we need to do EM soon! You have plans Friday?