Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's too quiet

David is at work. The girls are at the pool. Dallas is at Ganny's til 6.
Normally I'd be all WHOOPIE!! about having the house all to myself. I mean, I can get a lot done. Like the laundry, catching up on my reading, even taking a long soak in a bubble bath or even better, a looong nap. But no. Not me. Not today. Instead I have found myself walking around the house in and out of the kids' rooms looking around at all their belongings, toys, gadgets and what nots with a smile. Standing quietly in the middle of my room running my fingers across the smoothness of the comforter that lies in a heap at the foot of our unmade bed. Peering into the fridge for what seemed like forever hoping that the next great American recipe would just pop up in my head and I'd be cooking away. Laying here on the couch with this laptop listening to the AC kick off and on and the roar of tractors and other farm~ish type vehicles driving by thinking to myself....hmmm? Because that is the only sound I can make right now. It's a content hmmm.
Soon my home will be filled with sound. Chesney laughing just like I do. Dallas making vroom vroom crash sounds with his Transformer of the day. David outside weed eating HIS lawn..(expertly I may add) Maybe I'll just lie here a bit longer and relish the quiet. Close my eyes and enjoy the sound of contentment. hmmmm

5 comments:

Carl & Rosemarie Brauning said...

Sometimes quiet can be creepy! What did you decide on for dinner...slop? It was good slop.... in fact, I'm eating it again as I forage into my 3rd day of procrastination. Ha!

tonya said...

Nothing! Yep...nada. Not a dang thing. So I'm thinking I need to just hop up from this couch and go make me some chocolate milk and a cupcake. Yummo!!

Laura said...

Sounds like a nice & relaxing day to me! I'm ready to just sit and enjoy the quiet...maybe before too long! Have a great hump day!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, quiet is odd when you are used to NOISE! I know I am:)

I found you through the blog-vine...from 4 Little Men. Looks like we have stuff in common...hop on over to my place if you want. Good day to do it, too...I'm having giveaways from my favorite natural baby store!!

Take care!!!

Anonymous said...

Hah! Loved your comment on my blog...I remember when I first started getting readers who were not my "real" friends!!

Stick around my blog long enough, and you'll make the rounds in some great blog circles. My readers are--in my opinion--the best!!

Take care:)