Thursday, July 3, 2008

They love me for my mashed potatoes

It's probably the one thing that I know I pretty much do better than anyone else. Seriously. I make THE BEST MASHED POTATOES. I know this cause everyone who has ate them loves them. I decided to old school it tonight with supper. Well, I kinda did last night too. It was breakfast for supper last night, the whole shebang...French Toast with Cinnamon, scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns(homemade not frozen!!) with and without onions and green peppers and chocolate milk so thick it damn near stuck to your ribs! But I digress...Tonights dinner was meatloaf, the aformentioned mashed potatoes which will now just go by the name of MY mashed potatoes, and sweet corn and crusty bread. And oh my was it yummy!! While my mashed potatoes are ALWAYS delicious the meatloaf is touch and go as I always go with my own whatever-sounds-good recipe for it! But it too was delicious! I used Mrs. Cubbisons meatloaf mix from the WonderBread store and added to it one egg and instead of just ground beef, I used one pound each lean ground beef and lean ground turkey. And I always use Schwans sweet corn, it just tastes better. Now I can't tell you all my secrets with the taters but I'll tell you this...it is seriously doctored up!! I have always said I wanted to leave my mark in just a small way, maybe I'll pass on my mashed potato "recipe"....I know Chesney will love/cherish owning it!!

1 comment:

The Bohannons said...

Oh you are sooo going to have to give up the recipes chickee! Welcome to blogspot